- This event has passed.
Mastering the Art of Application of Direct Composites
February 22 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm$790 - $948
Presented by Dr Sarkis Nalbandian
An attractive smile has always been a focal point of patient’s attention for improving their appearance and self-esteem.
The evolution of composite materials today has increased the dentist’s ability to control aesthetics in his or her own practice. This is achieved with enhanced bonding to tooth structure, predictable success and no laboratory cost.
The initial part of this course aims to show the participants how to practice cosmetic dentistry in its simplest form including how to start a cosmetic case; what are the limitations and how do we overcome this.
Using these techniques, most cases can be accomplished with minimum tooth intervention, no local anaesthesia and at a reduced cost to the patient in one visit. The technique can be applied to all ages and the results can be quite astounding. Patients appreciate the one visit procedure and the immediate aesthetic and functional improvement.
This comprehensive hands-on course will also cover all aspects of application of composite technology to clinical practice.
The day aims to achieve improved knowledge and clinical skills in application of composites and enhance the confidence of the practitioner in treatment of simple to complex cases using direct composites to achieve optimal function and aesthetic result.
- Learn, understand and apply the principles of contemporary smile design: how it affects facial aesthetics.
- Diagnostic importance of composite mock up/ direct intraoral Kessling set up
- How to balance the smile: The face. The mouth. The teeth. The tooth natural light reflection phenomena
- Simplified shade selection, Understanding the shade-shape concept
- How to match composite veneers to existing porcelain restorations
- Application of pink composites
- Finishing of direct composite laminate veneers
- Critical thinking in patient assessment
- Management of: Tooth wear, Reverse smile lines, Dahl Concept
- Full mouth rehabilitation using composite technology: contingency planning for complex cases
- Application of composites and fibre-bonded technology to both teeth supported and implant supported long term provisional restorations.